Authorities are looking to make the most of their land and assets to generate sustainable income and create social value over the long-term. Rather than dispose of public land, far-sighted Authorities are holding on to or even expanding their portfolios. Over two-thirds of Authorities are now directly engaged in housing delivery, with many building social housing at scale for the first time in decades. This demands socially-minded and commercially astute property expertise in house.
WHAT THEY DO
- Delivering high quality, affordable and sustainable council house building programmes, from policy to planning and delivery.
- Working with internal and external partners to identify development opportunities.
- Developing delivery strategies and roadmaps for implementation.
- Producing options appraisals for sites, and analysis of feasibility and viability.
- Advising on land assembly, acquisition strategies and compulsory purchase orders.
- Procuring, briefing and managing multidisciplinary project teams, contractors and services.
- Managing and reporting on project budget, programme and risks.
- Taking innovative approaches to asset management, for example realising the value of underused buildings and sites through meanwhile uses.