Development & Capital Delivery
Authorities are looking to make the most of their land and assets to generate sustainable income and create social value over the long-term. Rather than dispose of public land, far-sighted Authorities are holding on to or even expanding their portfolios. Over two-thirds of Authorities are now directly engaged in housing delivery, with many building social housing at scale for the first time in decades. This demands socially-minded and commercially astute property expertise in house.
WHAT THEY DO
- Delivering high quality, affordable and sustainable council house building programmes, from policy to planning and delivery.
- Working with internal and external partners to identify development opportunities.
- Developing delivery strategies and roadmaps for implementation.
- Producing options appraisals for sites, and analysis of feasibility and viability.
- Advising on land assembly, acquisition strategies and compulsory purchase orders.
- Procuring, briefing and managing multidisciplinary project teams, contractors and services.
- Strategic planning advice and managing the planning process.
- Advising on design development, from concept design through to final proposals.
- Managing consultation and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Developing and managing the production of specifications and design standards.
- Managing and reporting on project budget, programme and risks.
- Taking innovative approaches to asset management, for example realising the value of underused buildings and sites through meanwhile uses.
How can Authorities assess and unlock small sites for council-led housing?
How can public sector housing delivery teams share knowledge to improve design quality?
How can Authorities engaged in direct delivery monitor design quality?
How can authorities improve their capacity to assess development viability?
How should Authorities approach a resident ballot for estate regeneration?
How can authorities deliver housing that meets the needs of their community through build to rent?